Greetings Valued FAA Partner:
Thank you for visiting our FAA Small Business Office website. We are excited that you have interest in partnering with FAA to maintain the safest, most efficient airspace in the world! The commitment, innovation and capabilities small business brings to the table are critical and support FAA achieving its core mission of safety.
Navigating the maze of FAA programs, offices and opportunities can be daunting and time-consuming. It is our goal to provide you the resources and tools necessary to best position yourselves for FAA opportunities. These tools and resources include dedicated and experienced representatives in our Small Business Office, tools to identify potential acquisition opportunities and resources to detail applicable policy, guidance and clauses.
Below are a few useful sites that will assist you in working with the FAA:
- FAA Home: Where you can find all the news and information you need to know what is happening at the Agency.
- FAA Contracting Opportunities: Here you will be able to find FAA announcements related to:
- Special Notices (i.e. Industry Outreach Events)
- Market Surveys
- Public Announcements – Pre-Screening Information Request (SIR)
- Request for Information SIRs
- Request for Offer SIRs
- Request for Qualification SIRs
- FAA Procurement Forecast: Which provides a listing of potential upcoming requirements, as well as, the associated FAA points of contact.
- FAA Acquisition Toolset: Which is where the Agency has made available all of its procurement policies, guidance, and procedures; collectively known as the Acquisition Management System (AMS). This is the FAA’s version of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) as we have acquisition independence and are exempt from most federal procurement law including the FAR and Small Business Act.
- System for Award Management: The System for Award Management (SAM) is a Federal system that consolidates the capabilities previously provided through the Central Contractor Registry (CCR), Online Representations and Certifications Applications (ORCA) and the Excluded Parties List System (EPLS). You must complete your SAM Registration in order to work as a federal contractor.
- Small Business Administration Dynamic Small Business Search: The Dynamic Small Business Search (DSBS) is a database that government agencies may use to find small business contractors for upcoming contracts. Small businesses can also use DSBS to find other small businesses to work with. The information you provide when you register your business in the System for Award Management (SAM) is used to populate DSBS, so you should create a comprehensive business profile.
- Veteran Administration Vendor Information Pages: Veteran-Owned Small Business Registration (VetBiz) is the online web portal that hosts the Vendor
We fully recognize and embrace that small businesses are critical to properly maintaining and evolving our National Airspace System (NAS). Together was can maintain the safety and efficiency of flights using the NAS every day, transporting the flying public and goods throughout the United States and beyond.
Thank you, and I look forward to meeting you soon.
Acquisition Policy and Oversight (AAP-2)
Federal Aviation Administration